Week 4 on Photography: Class Materials
You hopefully have a camera with you! You have 20 minutes to complete this challenge, to take and post your best photos to satisfy the following. You are restricted to places in the building our class is scheduled.
- Make an ordinary object look more interesting, almost supernatural.
- Take a portrait of a person; have them display an emotion.
- Take a photo that makes use of converging lines.
Allow enough time to take the photos and upload them to your flickr account. Tag all of your photos ds106photoblitz
Discussion of Photos
View tagged photos http://flickr.com/photos/tags/ds106photoblitz
- Become a Better Photographer http://bit.ly/ds106-better-photos
- Photography as Digital Art by D’Arcy Norman
If you do not have Photoshop or commercial software, some alteratives
- GIMP (open source photo editor) http://www.gimp.org/
- Aviary http://advanced.aviary.com/online/image-editor
- Picnik (built into flickr, free until April 19, 2012) http://www.picnik.com/
- PhotoShop Express http://www.photoshop.com/tools/expresseditor?wf=editor
- pixlr http://pixlr.com/
- fotoflexer http://fotoflexer.com/
Pimp Your Flickr
See also Flickr fun tutorial by @wwnorm
- Customize URL http://www.flickr.com/account/
- Defaults for new uploads and other privacy controls http://www.flickr.com/account/privacy/
- Post to flickr via email http://www.flickr.com/account/email/
- Sharing for facebook, twitter, posting directly to your blog http://www.flickr.com/account/sharing/
Week 4: Photography and Visual Assignments, see
By next Sunday, complete 10 stars worth of visual assignments
Examples of Visual Assignments
Photo and Editing
Splash that color
Image with a message
Normal to Extraordinary
Common everyday objects
Return to the scene of the crime
Art Comes to Life