Week 6: On the Radio
Assignments for this Week
Full details for this week’s assignments
Tonight’s In Class Challenge: Create an Sound Story
- Find 4 or more sounds to use.
- Edit in your audio software to create a Sound Effect Story
- Upload to Sound Cloud and add the tag ds106soundstory
- Tweet a link to your sound story.
- Write an assignment blog post, including the usual elements, and the correct tags.
Intro to ds106 Radio
This portion was live broadcast over ds106 Radio.
- Distributed, freeform, collective webradio (Grant Potter)
- Iceast Server http://126.96.36.199:8010/
- Theme shows
- Twitter autobot: follow http://twitter.com/ds106radio (created by UMW student); Tweet things related with #ds106radio
- Storytelling: Scary Stories from Strawberry
- Live Events: Scottlo reports from Japan Afftershocks
- Field Reports: Michael Branson Smith from Occupy Wall Street
- Music Performances: Bryan Jackson & Gleneagle Concerts
- ds106 Student Radio Shows
- Add audio to the rotation http://dropitto.me/ds106 password=wejamecono
- Everything ds106 radio: Listening and Broadcasting, more http://bit.ly/ds106radioinfo
Radio Show Assignment
- Details at http://ds106.us/2012/02/20/weeks-6-7-sound-off-for-audio/
- Form groups tonight! Email and /or tweet out your team name and your members.
- Start discussion genres and themes
- Blog your progress regularly, save audio raw material for documentary and outtakes.