Audio Assignments Week 6
Here’s what is expected of students in UMW section 2 for our next class and the rest of the week. The deadline for all work is midnight on Sunday.
- Come to class with a collection of sound clips to use (downloaded from a source such as freesound.org, recorded yourself, or sounds from elsewhere. You should also have Audacity installed in your computer or another sound editing software (such as GarageBand for Mac).
- In class, we will all be creating a Sound Effect Story and posting it to Sound CLoud. By the end of the week you should write a blog post that describes your story, provides information on the source material of your sounds, and includes the tags for this assignment.
- For extra practice in sound editing, complete another 4 stars worth of audio assignments, each blogged separately.
- Listen to one radio show from either This American Life or RadioLab. Write a blog post describing the show (be sure to link back to the web page for the episode) and include your observations of audio techniques used in the story (e.g. use of music, layering of sounds, transitions, bumpers, etc).
- Review the radio show assignment we will be working on now through Spring Break. You will have time in class to start forming groups; by Friday, someone form each group needs to contact me (via email and/or twitter) identifying your team and its name.
- Complete three Daily Creates this week and write a recap summary.
If you have not done so, schedule your 15 minute with me between now and Wednesday. This is not optional! Access my calendar via http://tungle.me/cogdog